A dose of {inspiration}. Gain it when you lose it.

You know when you just feel like you are lacking inspiration? For me, I need inspiration to work. I cannot sit in my craft room and create pieces that I don't want to work on or that I don't adore. My intentions with each and every piece is that they are made with love and attention to detail. I don't won't ship anything out unless I am completely happy with it.
When I am constantly in my craft room due to a busy week of orders (like this past week), I can lose inspiration and motivation to create. I hate the feeling but it's bound to happen once in a while. This is just something I have learned in the handmade biz.
Here are some of the ways I gained inspiration when I was losing it these past few days.

1. I cleaned my craft room. There's just something about a clean room, a bare table and some added sparkle that gets the creative juices flowing.

Sequined bolero (Sparkles & Prays)

2. I doodled in my new sketch book from Kelly Rae Roberts. I'm not so great at drawing but it helps me realize new ideas once the pen touches paper and/or release stress by focusing on something else entirely. It's another great creative outlet to turn to if I can't seem to work with fabrics, beads, flowers or feathers.

3. I went out on a date with the husband to go see The Great Gatsby. If you are in need of any inspiration, this movie will certainly inject a flood of new ideas into your mind. Seriously.

4. Reading. I have been reading almost every night before bed. Whether it be a novel or the bible, reading is so relaxing and allows me to recollect. Light a candle while you're in a book and this heightens the experience.

5. Once pieces were done, coming up with new packaging ideas was a lot of fun. If I were opening up some happy mail, I'd want to see a bit of pretty details. When someone cares about the presentation (not just the product alone) of their shop, that's when you really feel appreciated. I want to convey this to each person receiving anything from Love Sparkle Pretty.
What do you do when you are in need of inspiration?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment