My first pattern COMPLETE...after about a month and a half!!

About a month and a half ago, I took my first sewing class. I have sewn several things but it has always been "free hand sewing." No patterns. No manuals. Just trial and error. I was in need of some actual sewing knowledge though so I signed up for class at Joanns to create a clutch.

I was supposed to create this little bag within 3 hours but with my instructor who is very detail oriented when it comes to sewing, I had to actually reschedule for another time to come back and finish. After about 5 1/2 hours of total "class time," I still hadn't finished my bag. Mind you, this was my first pattern I had ever attempted and again, my instructor (although VERY sweet) was a perfectionist and liked to explain things quite a bit which added even more time. I decided to just take the bag home and finish it on my own. Since it was just the flap and some hand stitching to be done, I thought I would finish it in no time! Well, I just so happened to finish it a few days ago after I made myself put everything else aside to complete this project. Let me tell you, I am soo happy I did!

Here's my little clutch I made. I am so proud of myself for actually completing my first pattern, although it was a little more difficult to read than I thought. Whew!

What are some of your projects you are proud of lately?


The DIY Dreamer

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment